California City Police Department

Online Permit Payment



OHV RIDING PERMIT (PER OHV) (Valid thru June 2020) $15.00-SEASON PASS
OHV Permit 4-Pack (4 OHV’s – No Water/Dump) $50.00/Season

*Pass valid for up to 150 US gallons per day. Not for commercial use. This permit is for privately owned Recreational Vehicle use only.



SMALL FAMILY PACK: (Includes 4 OHV Permits & 1 RV/DUMP PASS) ($90.00 Value) $60.00/SEASON
LARGE FAMILY PACK: (Includes 8 OHV Permits & 1-RV-DUMP Pass) ($150.00 Value) $100.00/SEASON
* With purchase of any family pack, you may purchase additional OHV permits for $10.00/ea at time of purchase.

Ordering Information

A $4.00 processing fee per transaction is added at checkout, please provide your Zip Code.

Please allow two weeks for online purchases to be mailed to you. Please call Karen at 760-373-7256 Monday-Friday 7am - 3pm (excluding holidays) Or email if you would like to make arrangements to pick up your order instead of having it mailed to you.

Click Items To Add To Cart:

Large Family Pack
Small Family Pack
Additional permit with purchase of family pack
Single OHV Permit
RV water and dump pass season permit
OHV permit 4 pack

California City has been one of the fastest growing areas for Off-Highway Vehicle families to enjoy OHV recreation. Riders throughout the state come to California City for its easy access for R.V.’s and Toy Haulers. There are hundreds of miles of dirt routes that are open for riders. These routes are ideal for all levels of experience and lead to other advance trails in the RANDS MOUNTAIN trail system. The City has opened marked “Blue” trails into California City for visitors to enjoy local establishment. Riders must stay on marked trail system when entering the main part of the City. Please read the back of your receipt for important laws and local ordinances pertaining to OHV use in California City.

Effective March 2008 all Off-Highway Vehicles MUST display a “California City – Street Operating Permit” while being operated in California City. In addition to the California City Street Operating Permit, all non-street legal vehicles MUST display a current and valid California State Green or Red Sticker (38010, 38020 CVC). This permit allows OHV’s to operate on DIRT ROUTES that are within the designated riding area. Any dual-sport or street licensed vehicle DOES NOT need an operating permit. All permits issued at this time, are valid through June 30, 2020. For more information visit us at